27.7.18

DESIGN SHOP - ORIENT 499 BEIRUT

I've visited Orient 499 during my first trip to Beirut in 2010 and I believe it's still one of the most astonishing shops I've ever entered (in the most extraordinary city I've ever visited). I am so enthusiastic that I've placed it within the top 5 things to see on my personal Beirut Guide for traveler friends... and actually Ilaria and Andrea loved it, hadn't you guys? :)

Orient 499 is a boutique featuring exclusive, original handicrafts and designer's creations. The founders are Middle-Eastern art lovers with an amazing taste for tradition and beyond belief sense for modernity.



Items vary from antiques to modern furniture, clothes and accessories mainly made in Lebanon, but also Turkey, Egypt, Morocco... what I've bought? A pair of decorated moccasins highly recommended by my dear friend Raffa, some delicately shaped and scented soaps and a unique ring.




Recently we've also received a gift from 
my lovely lovely beyroutina friend Tamima: a stunning silver pomegranate box for my collection. Many many thanks again Tami!


Check out Orient 499 Istagram profile and enjoy the gallery below. I can't wait to shop there again soon!























































All the photos by Orient 499 except the second and the third TAC.

No comments: